An environmental cautionary tale from a vile hybrid of sludge metal and noise punk
Subterranean dwelling humanoids, horribly deformed by exposure to a toxic radioactive substance, making a raucous metallic commotion with help from local Brooklyn volunteer/drummer James and the Society for Estuary Waste Education & Research. These however are our best educated guesses and their true origins remain unknown.
The creatures comprised of and henceforth referred to as “Mutant Scum,” were subsequently discovered while tracking the substance to its source in the sewer systems underneath Newtown Creek. Little is known about these creatures, the substance, or what may have twisted them to life. Our best guess is that the toxic cocktail of the Greenpoint Oil Spill, decades of unchecked chemical dumping, and raw sewage spilling into the creek created a fertile breeding ground for these mutant aberrations.
- Radioactive slime green color vinyl limited to 533 copies
- Includes digital download code
- Gatefold sleeve with full color artwork by James Callahan at Barf Comics (MUNICIPAL WASTE, MASTODON, etc)
- Recorded, mixed, and mastered by Colin Marston at Menegroth (DYSRHYTHMIA, KRALLICE, BEHOLD…THE ARCTOPUS)
Download/Stream the album on Bandcamp:
- Mutant / Scum
- Rise And Slime
- Dirt Bath
- Sludge Castle
- Cognitive Pollution
- Out Of The Sewers, Onto The Streets
- Black Mayonnaise
- The Nightmare Of Being